- I’m glad I turned the Duke/UNC game off with 10 minutes remaining because I was “going to bed,” wrote this instead, missed this as a result…and ended up not going to bed for another hour after the game had ended.
- But at least that proves that there are some legitimate sporting events going on now that football is over.
- And then there’s this. Can’t wait to see where Linsanity leads…love watching his story unfold!
- But really…watching every single Sound FX clip and obsessively following the NFL Films blog is what is really going to get me through the off season.
- This book is one of my favorites. I snuck it into the kids’ picks at the library yesterday. At least we can see snow in a book since apparently it’s never actually going to snow here this year. (I’m not bitter.) (Oh wait…yes I am.)
- If eating half a baked sweet potato and a defrosted slice of shoo fly pie for dinner is wrong then I don’t want to be right.
- But seriously…what I wouldn’t do for a Papa Murphy’s up in this joint.
- Or at least a Chick-fil-A.
- I’m still thinking about San Diego. Where they have Papa Murphy’s and Chick-fil-A. And Jamba Juice. And In-N-Out. And Pinkberry. It’s an embarrassment of riches, really.
- This weekend, there will be baking. Amen.
In my mind I’m goin’ to Ca…lifornia.
Sorry, James. I had to take some creative liberties. Carolina is nice. But it’s time for an imaginary Out of Rochester trip to somewhere a little farther west.
San Diego, in our brief week-long fling, forever cemented itself as one of my favorite places on the planet. Now why I’m sitting here at 11:30pm looking through old pictures and California dreamin’ instead of, you know, actually dreaming, is a mystery. It’s something that I’ll probably ask myself again in about 6 hours. Chances are this won’t seem like such a great idea then.
Cabin fever? Lack of recent travel? Vitamin D deficiency? Residence of TJ’s and Pinkberry and Jamba Juice and Ikea? All valid factors that could be causing my current (re)obsession. Whatever the reason, if I could be instantly transported to anywhere at this very moment, I think it would be right here:
Your turn. If you could be whisked away to anywhere in the world, where would you go? Would it also involve sunshine and happy people and endless fresh food? Emphasis on endless fresh food? Do tell!
(Also, if you can’t see these pictures, can you please tell me? I pulled them off of facebook because I didn’t want to hunt them down on my hard drive, so if for some reason that makes them invisible to the rest of the world just let me know and I’ll post the real pictures.)