Just so we’re clear, all of these In Rochester posts are going to be about restaurants.
I mean…what else is there?
This month’s new place : The Gate House.
It was my first time there. It will not be my last.
What I Loved:
- The Menu. It’s pizza and burgers with class. And lots of healthy options, too!
- The Atmosphere. Relaxed but stylish. Perfect for a night out that feels more special than most but not so stuffy that you’re afraid to laugh out loud.
- The Fact That The TV’s Are Tuned To The Food Network. (Say no more…this place is a winner.)
What I Loved Less:
- I had the Manhattan Square salad – spinach, apples, avocado, bacon, and honey sherry vinaigrette. It was so good! I just wished there were more of the toppings since it was mostly spinach. BUT…it came with two cheese-filled breadsticks…so that made me forget about my longings for extra avocado.
What I Ordered:
- Split an order of Sweet Potato Fries with Carolyn. They were thick-cut and crispy and even more flavorful when cooled to room temperature!
- The Manhattan Square salad described above.
Overall Rating: 7/10
Any suggestions for next month’s outing?