This Dinner Challenge is making me regret the past three and a half years of lame-o meals…
This one was SO good!!! That doesn’t even do it justice. I’d put it all in caps but even screaming at you, internet, would not adequately convey my enthusiasm for this healthy, easy dinner.
Thank you, Everyday Food. You’ve made me such a happy dinner maker so far this month.
Here’s the recipe:
Spaghetti Squash with Chicken Sausage Bolognese
Adapted from Everyday Food
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced small
- 1/2 large carrot, diced small
- 1 small celery stalk, diced small
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 Wegmans Sundried Tomato Chicken Sausage, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 cups Roasted Spaghetti Squash
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
Saute vegetables in one tablespoon of oil until soft, about 10 minutes. Add chicken sausage. Cook until browned, about 2 – 3 minutes. Add tomatoes. Bring mixture to a simmer. Heat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add sauce to roasted spaghetti squash and serve with grated parmesan.
Preparation: Quicker than quick (minus roasting the spaghetti squash)
Dumpster Dinner, Not Bad, Good, Really Good, or Unbelievably Amazing: Unbelievably Amazing
Overall Rating: 5/5 – I could eat this every night and be one happy camper. LOVE this dinner!!!